I’m a sucker for a good salad, but I’m a little particular. I need the lettuce to be crisp, and there has to be a proportionate blend of dark to light greens. My favorite salad used to be a crispy chicken with ranch… but over the past couple of years I’ve developed a love for Caesar salad. My favorite is the kind that comes with a creamy, cheesy Caesar dressing, shredded Parmesan cheese strips, and perfectly grilled strips of hearty and nourishing, pastured chicken. It’s the perfect balance of light and deliciously satisfying.
From time to time though I like to mix things up a bit since, let’s be honest, even a good Caesar salad recipe can get a little bland after a while… that’s why I came up with this Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe. It’s got that classic creamy Caesar flavor that you’d expect, with a surprising and delightful (if I do say so myself) kick to it! I know you’re gonna love it! 🙂
Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe
Ingredients for Caesar Salad
- romaine lettuce
- grilled chicken slices
- colorful bell pepper slices for garnish
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- croutons (*optional)
Ingredients for Spicy Caesar Dressing
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large (or 2 small) cloves of garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (*optional, but we like it added)
- In a mixing bowl (or food processor) add egg, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, anchovy fillets, garlic, and all seasonings.
- Blend well for about 1 minute with immersion blender (or blend on high in food processor).
- Slowly add in the olive oil while blending. (pouring VERY slowly is important so that the ingredients come together, it’s okay if the immersion doesn’t happen perfectly, it will still taste good… promise! 😉 )
- Add grated Parmesan cheese if you like (this adds a little texture and extra cheesiness) and continue to blend until dressing is smooth.
- Toss salad ingredients (garnish with extra Parmesan and croutons if desired) and drizzle with salad dressing.
- Enjoy! 🙂